» About Us



Bostco terminal aerial view

Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. (NYSE: KMP) owns 55 percent of the Battleground Oil Specialty Terminal Company LLC (“BOSTCO”) project – TransMontaigne Partners LP owns the remaining 45 percent. BOSTCO owns approximately 185 acres of land and waterfront located at mile marker 43 on the Houston Ship Channel. Construction on the new terminal began on Dec. 14, 2011, and initial startup of operations was October 8, 2013. The first phase of the project currently includes construction of 51 storage tanks that will have a capacity of 6.5 million barrels for handling residual fuel, feedstocks, distillates and other black oils. The project will include deep draft docks enabling BOSTCO customers to utilize the largest ships capable of accessing the Houston Ship Channel. Terminal service agreements and/or letters of intent have been executed with customers for almost all of the capacity.




Bostco progress photos

Bostco Map